This tutorial will show you a general vision of Carriots platform. We will see how to navigate through the control panel, Carriots main components and important information you need to know to enjoy working with us.
- Web page: Documentation, information and entry point
- Control panel: Management
- REST API: Send data and management
- Carriots SDK: Business logic
Carriots web page will be the support of the official documentation and important information about the platform. You will find:
- Technical documentation
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Feedback forms
- Carriots web page
It is also the entry point to the control panel. Login is made by entering your username and password in the corresponding fields in home page. Always verify that you are under HTTPS protocol before sending your credentials.
- Login with Carriots
When you login at Carriots you are redirected to the control panel. Its the main entry point for data and entities management.
There are two main areas that might interest you.
- Left menu for entities management
- Upper menu for administration, debugging and alarm view
- Control panel
Main management work is divided in 6 groups:
- Hierarchy management for high level Carriots entities
- Data management grouping all the operations involving data
- Rules management: where you deal with your business logic
- Settings: manage app connections, users and apikeys
- Dashboards: new feature that allows you tou build public dasboards
- Debug: test your listeners code and check alarms
Upon registration, Carriots build the complete hierarchy with a default project, a default service, a default group and a default device. You can just directly play with that default device without worrying about the rest.
Your personal data is managed in “My account” section in the upper menu. Refer to that section to change your data and check your Apikey.
Active alarms are shown in the upper menu.
Logout link close the session. We encourage you to close your session when you finish working with Carriots.
Carriots REST API is the way devices and other systems interact with the platform. It is a standard protocol based on HTTP/S and plain text JSON or XML formatted.
Check all the details in our REST API documentation
Carriots SDK (Software Development Kit) is the core intelligence engine in Carriots ecosystem.
Where does it stand?
Carriots is a powerful platform that receives data streams (in a quite simplistic view). Devices may have listeners that wait for an event to occur. Events, like receiving data or persisting data, may launch a listener and execute his logic. This is the place where Carriots SDK makes its magic.
Carriots SDK is based on Groovy scripting technology and have libraries to help you work with all Carriots ecosystem. Check our Carriots SDK documentation for more details.
- Control panel