Effective Date: December 1, 2012
Version of this Document: 1.0
I. General Terms
According to Carriots evolution, we may need to update this Policy and change in the terms of the service. We will always maintain our commitment to respect your privacy and comply with the laws applicable to us and to you.
II. Personal Information Collection and Use
What information Carriots collects about you and why:
We collect very little personal information about our users, especially users of our free account. Mainly we collect two types of information:
- Personal information to create and maintain your account.
- Personal information to create and maintain your account.
- Information collected by Google Analytics while you navigate through our website, in order to help us improve our service.
A detailed list of the "Personal Information" Carriots may collect, and why we collect it:
- Your username, email address, and contact preferences. This lets us create and maintain your account, and deliver and support the Service. This information also helps us communicate with you about your use of the Service, product announcements and software updates, as well as answer to your assistance requests. In addition, we may use your Personal Information to send you marketing emails,
- For Premium users, transactional information such as your credit card number and billing address. This lets us process your payments for Premium services. When purchasing these services from Carriots S.L. the information and details on credit/debit cards will never be stored on our systems, they will only ever be stored by our fully PCI compliant payment processing partners.
- Any Content you add to your account. We don't use this information for any purpose other than to make sure it is available to you when you use the Service.
Anonymous information about your navigation:
- As you navigate through Carriots website, certain anonymous information will be passively collected, that is, gathered without your actively providing the information. This information might be collected using various technologies, such as cookies, Internet tags or web beacons, and navigational data collection (log files, server logs, clickstream). Additional information is collected from your internet browser (such as the URL of the website you just came from and the Internet Protocol (IP) address and the browser version your computer or mobile device is currently using; the date and time you access the Website and the pages that you access while at the Website). All together, this information is used for internal marketing purposes and to analyze trends to help us Carriots products, services and website.
- We do NOT collect information about you to deliver any targeted advertising to you, or track your visits to any third-party websit
- In addition, we automatically gather non-personally identifiable information that indicates your association with one of our business partners or certain promotions campaigns. We use this information to track the use of Carriots's promotions campaigns.
Contact Emails and how to Opt Out:
From time to time, we may want to contact you with information about product announcements, software updates and scheduled maintenance downtimes. We also may want to contact you with information about products and services from our business partners. This means we assume you have given us your consent to collect and use your information in accordance with this Policy when you subscribe to our mailing list. Opt-out is the means by which you give us, or decline to give us, your consent to use your personal information for the purposes covered by the opt-out choice. You may opt out of such communications at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link found within Carriots email or by logging into your Carriots account and change the settings of your Contact Preferences.
III. Information Access and Disclosure
About Carriots sharing your Personal Information or Content:
Carriots is not in the business of selling or renting user information, and we only disclose information when:
- We have your explicit consent to share the information.
- We need to share your information with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers to fulfill your product or service requests.
- We believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of our Terms of Service, to enforce those Terms of Service, or when we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or potential threats against persons, property or the systems on which we operate the Service.
- We determine that the access or disclosure of information is required or permitted by law comply with applicable laws, including compliance with warrants, court orders or other legal process.
- We need to do so in connection with the sale or reorganization of all or part of our business, as permitted by applicable law.
About Carriots accessing your Personal Information or Content:
As a rule, Carriots employees do not monitor or view your personal information or Content stored in the Service, but it may be viewed in the following cases:
- If we believe our Terms of Service have been violated and confirmation is required.
- If we need to do so in order to respond to your requests for user support, or we otherwise determine that we have an obligation to review it as described in our Terms of Service.
- Your Content also may be viewed where necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Carriots and its users, or in order to comply with our legal obligations, such as responding to warrants, court orders or other legal process.
IV. Data Ownership, Storage and Security:
Your data belongs to you and you are free at any time to download an archive of it provided that you have not asked for deletion of the data or that you have not cancelled you account on Carriots.
Carriots stores all the data in Spain or the European Union:
When you use Carriots service your information and content will be stored our servers, which are currently located in Spain. By using Carriots sites and services you are confirming your consent to such information, including Personal Information and Content, being hosted and accessed in Spain.
Access or Correct information Carriots holds about You:
Users who wish to (i) access any Personal Information that we hold about you; (ii) request that we correct or delete the Personal Information that we hold about you; or (iii) request that we not use or stop using your Personal Information for marketing purposes may do so by contacting us at legal AT carriots DOT com. We will comply with such requests to the extent permitted or required by law.
Security of you Data:
Carriots is committed to protecting the security of your information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. However, Internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and as a result, we cannot ensure the security of information you transmit to us; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your data transmission, we make all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems:
- Your Carriots password is protected by encryption, and only you have access to it.
- Your personal information and data stored in our systems is protected by various physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. We regularly evaluate our technologies, facilities, procedures and potential risks to maintain the security and privacy of our users' data.
- Certain Carriots services support the use of standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions. However, this is not a guarantee that such data transmissions cannot be accessed, altered or deleted due to firewall or other security software failures.
- If Carriots learns of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice on our web site. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive such notices in writing.
V. Information Deletion
What Happens when you Stop Using Carriots:
you can stop using Carriots at any time by cancelling you account. If you cancel your account, the Content in your account will not be deleted unless you purposely delete that information. If you cancel your account the information it will no longer be accessible to you or others who may access the Service, but residual copies of your deleted Content may continue to exist on Carriots's back-up and archiving systems for up to five years due to the nature of those systems' operations.
What Happens when you delete Content Data you stored on Carriots:
You can delete Content you have posted to Carriots at any time. If you delete content information it will no longer be accessible to you or others who may access the Service, but residual copies of your deleted Content may continue to exist on Carriots's back-up and archiving systems for up to five years due to the nature of those systems' operations.
Carriots may Close Your Account:
If Carriots closes your account due to a Terms of Service violation, then you may contact Carriots to request deletion of your data, and Carriots will evaluate such requests on a case by case basis, pursuant to our legal obligations.
VI. Other websites:
This website contains links to other websites. Carriots is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
VII. Contacting Us
How to Contact Carriots:
Calle Julián Camarillo 29
Madrid, Madrid 28037 Spain
Attention: Legal Department