Carriots Provisioning Protocol: Provisioning Devices Via Carriots Control Panel
This could be the case when you are testing a few devices or getting in contact with the platform for the first time. This should never be the case when you are managing a net with 20 or more devices. You can provision your devices manually via the Carriots Control Panel in two ways:
This is the easiest way to creat a new device. The steps to provision a device in Carriots via the Control Panel are:
- Access the Carriots Control Panel by logging with your credentials at www.carriots.com.
- Click on "Devices" under the label "HIERARCHY" on the left menu of the screen.
By default, there is always a device already created called "defaultDevice". Click on "New Device" below the devices table to open the form in order to create a new device.
- Default Device list
Fill the form and click on "Create Device". Your new device will be created and provisioned with the data you supplied.
- New Device form
Models are a utility that Carriots offers to provision devices that share most of their data without the need to enter all the data repeatedly. The process is easy:
- Click on "Models" under the label "HIERARCHY" on the left menu and create a model that contains all the data that your devices will share. As you can see, the "New Model" form contains all the data that defines a device. Enter only the data that the devices belonging to this model will share.
- New Model form
- During the registration of your new devices, select the model you just created in the drop-down "Model ID" of the "New Device" form (see above). All the data of the Model will be loaded in the "New Device" form. Please be careful when selecting a Model, you can lose the data previously filled in the form.
- Loading Model data in the New Device form
For more information about device data please go to Device Inner Status documentation.